Traditional Afternoon Tea: Spring 2018
Afternoon Tea includes chef’s choice of three sandwiches, two scones, and three pastries per person served on the traditional 3-tiered stand. While daily selections vary depending on the seasons’ freshest offerings, the following menu is what you can expect to find Chefs Albert and Cody whipping up this spring! Special requests are always honored – if you see something you don’t want to miss, mention it while making your reservation!
Sandwiches and Savories
-Lemon Parsley Chicken Salad on Cheese Gougeres
-Pimento Cheese Spread on Rye Crisps with Spring Onions and Crispy Prosciutto
-Deviled Egg Salad Sandwich on Farm Grain with Capers and Pickles
-Artichoke and Red Pepper Salad on Crostini
-Pea Pesto on a Toast Point, Topped with Carrot Salad
– Hummus in Phyllo Cup, Topped with Cucumber Salad
– Vanilla Crème
– Strawberry Basil
– Chocolate Hazelnut
– Irish Scone with currants and Caraway Seeds
– Granola Ginger
Pastries and Sweets
– Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
– Berry Rhubarb Crostata with Whipped Cream
– Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake Tart
– Chocolate Stout Cucpcakes
– Pavlova (Meringue) with Lemon Curd, Mango, and Berries
– White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry
– Apricot Custard Tartlets
– Chocolate Raspberry Cucpcakes
The Holiday Pittsburgh Tea
Features a variety of the following selections:
Sandwiches and Savories
– Lox & Bagel, Pickled Cucumber, Dill Cream Cheese, watercress,
– Deviled Egg Salad, pickles capers crispy shallots on Rye crouton
– Slow Roasted Turkey, apple cranberry- mustardo , Romaine on country white bread
– Petite quiche with gruyere, mushrooms and Spinach
– Roasted Chicken Salad, Herb Aioli , artichoke celery, radish, lemon on a Gougere
– Parisian Ham, whipped brie, Apple & Grain Mustard on a Baguette
– Freshly Baked, Warm Seasonal Scones, featuring Vanilla crème served with crème fraiche’, Lemon Curd, Preserves
Pastries and Sweets
– Pumpkin Cheesecake,
– Gingerbread Cheesecake
– French Apple tartlets
– Chocolate Ganache Tart with peppermint
– Lemon Madeleines with White Chocolate Drizzle
– Chocolate Raspberry Rugelach
– Citrus Tart with Orange Vanilla Pastry Crème
Loose Leaf and Sachet Tea Selections:
The Inn on Negley Teas feature a large selection of teas from Harney and Sons, Stash Tea Company, and local tea blenders.
Available for Purchase in our tea shop.
Black teas are processed by withering, rolling, or cutting, fermenting and finally firing camellia sinensis leaves. Flavors will vary depending on region of production and season of harvest. Scented teas include added ingredients. Unless decaffeinated, black teas will have the highest caffeine content of all teas.
English Breakfast – A full bodied tea, often taken with milk and sugar
Decaffeinated English Breakfast
Darjeeling – Thin bodied Indian tea, characterized by a floral and musky flavor
Earl Grey – A blend of Chinese and Indian black teas, infused with oil of bergamot
Decaffeinated Earl Grey
Black Currant – Chinese black tea with rich and fruity flavor of currant
Vanilla Creme – Premium blend of black teas with vanilla bean and nut creme
Hot Cinnamon Spice – Naturally sweet and spicy blend of black teas with three types of cinnamon, orange peel, and sweet cloves
Chocolate Mint – Black tea blend with peppermint leaves and a hint of chocolate
Ginger Peach – Black tea blend with dried peach and a hint of ginger
Camellia sinensis leaves are purposely bruised but never but in the production of Oolong. With a shorter fermentation period than black teas, Oolong teas will have less caffeine and are finished by drying of pan frying rather than firing. taken without sweeteners or milk.
Pomegranate Oolong – Ti Kwan Yin Chinese Oolong with delicate earthy flavor infused with tangy pomegranate
Formosa Oolong – Taiwanese origin. Longer fermentation than a China Oolong, characterized by a darker color, medium body and a toasty flavor
Freshly picked camellia sinesis leaves are dried and soon heated by roasting or steaming to halt fermentation. Low caffeine content. As with black and oolong teas, different methods of harvesting and processing yield varying flavors. Taken without milk.
Premium Green Tea – Tea leaves steam processed in a traditional Japanese style. Herbaceous, slightly sweet and nutty flavor.
Tropical Green – Blend of green teas with added flavor or tropical fruits. Heavy notes of pineapple
New buds of camellia sinesis are plucked before opening, then withered in the sun and dried. Rare and delicate. No astringency and low in caffeine. Taken without milk.
Mutan White – Straw colored liquor with light herbaceous flavor
White Vanilla Grapefruit – Complex blend of white teas with smooth vanilla and fresh citrus.
Herbal and Fruit Tisanes
The following do not contain camellia sinesis, however, are served hot and may have medicinal effect.
Verveine – Beautiful leaves of verbena yield a full bodied brew with lemony flavor.
Peppermint – Refreshing and pure
Chamomile – Egyptian flowers with relaxing effect
Raspberry – Natural raspberry with hibiscus, rosehips and a hint of mint
Mango Passionfruit – Rosehips, orange peel, hibiscus, lemongrass, and rich fruity flavors
Lemon Ginger – Smooth lemon with a hint of ginger