For our overnight guests: Our complimentary breakfast is more than an ordinary breakfast!
Each morning our professional chefs prepare seasonal entrées and an expanded continental breakfast using only the freshest locally purchased ingredients. Our chefs excel in serving delicious, non-processed gourmet dishes that showcase their skills and passion. Our baked goods are made by hand and are preservative-free. We take pride in serving our guests healthful, unique and delicious meals.
Breakfast is served in one of our two dining areas: The original dining room features a circular table and seats up to six. Our Fernwood room incorporates smaller tables for individual seating or may be arranged for larger parties. Additionally, guests may choose to have breakfast served en suite for an additional charge.
Inspiring breakfasts are served regardless of your dietary restrictions. With advance notice, the chef will adjust the entrée to meet your needs.
The Inn proudly features La Prima Coffee, custom roasted in Pittsburgh’s historic Strip District, Stash brand teas, and local, growth hormone-free milk from Turner’s dairy.
We also provide Brunch, High Tea, and a Cookies and Cocoa service. Lunch and dinner are available as individually planned occassions. Our chef will work with you to create one-of- a-kind menus for your special occasion.
Weekday breakfast offerings:
(All breakfasts are accompanied by our fresh fruit medley and a homemade pastry)
- Continental breakfast – Yogurt and granola with multi-grain toast, english muffin, or bagel. Optional smashed avocado or cream cheese.
- Eggs any style – Served with potatoes, multi-grain toast, and a choice of bacon, turkey bacon, or sausage link.
- Omelet du jour – French-style omelet filled with chef-inspired ingredients, served with potatoes, multi-grain toast, and a choice of bacon, turkey bacon, ham, or sausage link.
- Orange vanilla french toast – Sourdough baguette soaked in orange-scented custard, topped with seasonal fruit and served with real Maple Syrup from Paul Family Farms. Bacon, turkey bacon, ham, or sausage link.
- Hot Irish oatmeal – Simmered steel-cut oats, cinnamon, and berry garnish, served with brown sugar and warm milk.
Examples of additional weekend breakfast selections:
- Sweet entree du jour – lemon soufflé pancakes with a seasonal fruit compote.
- Savory entree du jour – Frittata loaded with gourmet ingredients (e.g. zucchini, tomato, manchego & basil).